27 Aug 2022, 9:57 AM HST
The Hui No’o Visible Arts Middle will open registration for fall lessons on September 1 at 10 a.m. That is for lessons scheduled in October to December.
Registration is offered on-line at huinoeau.com. College students who register by telephone might be enrolled based mostly on the order by which they’re obtained. No e-mail registration might be accepted.
Grownup lessons and workshops embody:
- Colour in Printmaking Workshop with Visiting Artist Robin Smith, Saturday and Sunday, September 24 and 25, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Lei Making Workshop: Rope Fashion Tea Leaf Lei with Rose Stomach, Friday, September 16, 12 midday to three pm
- Jewellery Fundamentals: Tube Setting: With Roberta Ann Weisenberg, Tuesday. September 27, 5 to eight pm
- Printmaking Fundamentals: Colograph with Tia Brady, Sunday, September 18, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Jewellery Fundamentals: Cuttlefish Bone Casting Workshop with Roberta Ann Weisenberg, Tuesday, September 13, 5 to eight p.m.
- Form and Type in Steel with JB Ree, Guru. September 22 to October 27, 9 am to 12 midday
Malama Wao Akua Inaugural Reception
Saturday, September 10, 3-6 pm
Hui No’o and the East Maui Watershed Partnership welcomes the neighborhood to have a good time Malama Wao Akua on Saturday, September 10 from 3 to six p.m.
Malama Wao Akua (Caring of the Realm of the Gods) is an annual Judicial artwork exhibition that celebrates the native species of Maui Nui (Maui, Lanai, Molokai, Kahoolawe) and contains artworks from Maui artists of all ages.
Take pleasure in artwork, music, meals and enjoyable, together with:
- Dwell performances by George Kahumoku Jr., Halau Weiwehi o Lilehua and Kalama ‘Ukulele Band’
- Meals from Marlowe, Tight Tacos and drinks from Omena Espresso
- keiki. free artwork tasks for
- Instructional cubicles that includes native conservation teams
- A First Take a look at the 2022 Malama Wao Akua Exhibition
The occasion is open to the general public with free admission.