4 March 2021
Canon Pixma Professional-200: a The dye-based A3+ inkjet printer with a small footprint that’s presently essentially the most economical to function in its class. It is a vital enchancment over the PRO-100 mannequin’s house; Extra compact, higher designed and simpler to function. It appears to ship richer, extra correct colours.
Canon’s PIXMA PRO-200 replaces the PIXMA PRO-100S, which was a minor replace to the 2012 mannequin. Providing an alternative choice to the pigment-based picture PROGRAF PRO-300, it’s designed for photographers preferring to print on shiny or shiny papers. Bodily similar to the PRO-300, this replace makes use of the ChromaLife100+ dye inkset with magenta and black inks that embody a wider gamut of pink and blue in addition to larger black densities.
Just like the PRO-300, the PRO-200’s ink runs on the print head, which suggests smaller and lighter cartridges are required, and little or no ink is wasted in set-up and many others. Cartridge capability is comparatively modest at 12.6ml per coloration. Curiously, the US-based Pink River Paper Firm just lately measured ink consumption throughout a variety of common A2 and A3 printers and located the PRO-200 to be some of the economical printers to run. Their findings are supported by our assessments.
The smaller cartridge has enabled Canon to make each the PRO-200 and its sibling a remarkably small for A3 printer. Just like the PRO-300, it has a built-in coloration LCD management panel that makes it straightforward to arrange and function. Solely two paper feeds are offered, a principal high feed for paper as much as 300 gsm and a guide feed that exits the again of the printer for heavier paper. Paper is fed centrally, as within the PRO-300 and the printer features a skew correction operate to forestall misalignment. The Management Panel may also be set to detect paper mismatches and show an error message. Just like the PRO-300, the PRO-200 can not use roll paper however, Completely different The PRO-300 shouldn’t be used for printing on canvas.
Three connectivity strategies – Wi-Fi, Ethernet and USB – permit it for use in a wide range of environments, together with the workplace or studio, shared work house and residential. Be aware that you’ll want a password and permissions when connecting to a wi-fi community and it’s possible you’ll have to reset the safety clearance. The small footprint of solely 639 x 379 x 200 mm and the comparatively mild weight of 14.1 kg make the PRO-200 straightforward to arrange and transfer between workplaces. Assessment We didn’t encounter any issues when organising and working the printer. We additionally discovered that it produced wonderful output high quality with each Commonplace and Prime quality settings.
1. The PIXMA PRO-200 represents a big enchancment over the PRO-100 mannequin it replaces; It’s extra compact, higher designed and simpler to function, due to the LCD management panel and higher software program. The ink set additionally seems to ship richer, extra correct colours.
2. Improved media compatibility permits customers to print on all kinds of photograph paper surfaces and finishes with thicknesses as much as 0.6 mm. Canvas printing will not be supported.
3. Borderless Printing is out there in a variety of common output sizes. If vital, photos might be cropped to suit the paper sizes with totally different side ratios from the digicam. The printer’s management panel will alert customers if borderless printing is chosen for a measurement that’s not supported, similar to plain paper.
4. Any slot can be utilized for printing on customized sized media, accessible in widths of 89 to 330.2 mm and lengths of 127 to 990.6 mm. it permits Customers will be capable to print on non-standard paper sizes, together with panoramas. It’s not accessible when the Borderless field is checked.
5. The PRO-200 makes use of Canon’s commonplace driver software program, which could be downloaded from the corporate’s web site. Customers even have entry to Canon’s Skilled Print & Structure and Media Configuration instruments, which can be utilized to print immediately from Canon’s Digital Picture Skilled as standalone software program or as a plug-in with Adobe’s modifying software program can work as PosterArtist Lite design software program is out there for Home windows customers.
6. The ‘Canned’ profile covers all present Canon media besides Canvas. ICC profile help is out there for third-party media, though some producers haven’t but offered profiles for this printer. (We discovered the dye ink to be pretty forgiving and acquired good outcomes utilizing the ‘canned’ profile closest to 3rd celebration paper.)
7. Canon’s Media Configuration Instrument is a customizable software program utility that registers user-selected new media varieties to a printer and related software program. When a brand new paper supported by the printer is added, the media data file could be downloaded and added to the printer.
8. In our assessments, we discovered that the printer used 37.8 ml Ink to cowl just below 4.6 sq. meters of paper. Costs for PRO-200 ink cartridges differ broadly, starting from simply $30 to $21 per cartridge. At these costs, an A4 print will price between $1.03 and 71 cents in ink, whereas an A3+ print will price between $3.40 and $2.35.
9, Assessment We didn’t encounter any issues when organising and working the printer. We additionally discovered that it produced wonderful output high quality with each the Commonplace and Excessive High quality settings, with the primary variations displaying as barely higher element decision in medium-density areas with the Excessive High quality setting.
10. PIXMA PRO-200 is backed by a two-year guarantee.
Distributor: Canon Australia; 1800 021 167; www.canon.com.au
click on right here for a extra complete evaluate